Over the past two years, there has been a monumental change in the way that consumers find products and services. The change is digital consumers are going digital and it’s important your business is to. This digital change is happening across all industries even professional services like accounting, law, or certain medical fields.
The big question is “what do I need to do to make my business successful online?”
My goal in this article is to answer exactly that!
Pillar one: Awareness
Your ideal customer has to be aware you are the perfect solution to their problem, but how does this happen?
The three best ways to make your ideal customer aware you exist are as follows:
- Social Media. Having at least one or two social media channels that are posted on at least twice a month. My personal recommendations are LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Online Advertising. Millions of dollars are put into Google and Facebook advertising every month the reason is that it works. You no longer have to have a large business to have impactful advertising campaigns. Small businesses can leverage platforms like Google and Facebook to bring massive amounts of local awareness to their business.
- Blogs. Blogging is a great way to boost your findability online while positioning your business as an authority in your industry.
Pillar Two: Findability
Once your ideal customer is aware you exist it’s important for your ideal customer to be able to find you. The two best practices you can have in place to ensure your business is easily found online are as follows.
- Fixing your listings. Ensuring your business information is accurate and found across different directories (Yelp, Google, Yellow pages, White pages are just a few examples) having accurate information across the web can improve your findability online by 20%
- Having a solid Google Listing. Most businesses have a Google my business listing if you are unsure about yours contact us (info below) and we are happy to help. Think of this listing as another way to inform potential clients about important information happening in your business. Having a well rounded and robust Google my business listing can also help your findability online by up to 25%
In summary, having accurate listings and a robust Google my business listing can boost your online findability by up to 45%.
Pillar Three: Reputation
The last foundational pillar your business must have to ensure you have a solid foundation online is your reputation. About 90% of consumers say a positive review influences a buying decision. If your business doesn’t have up-to-date reviews from the past three months you could be leaving a lot of money on the table.
How do you get new reviews from customers? It’s actually pretty simple just ask them. After a client or consumer has had a good experience at your business ask them to leave you a review on Google or Facebook the more trust you can build about your business online the better.
I hope this article gives you a glimpse as to why it is important to have a solid digital presence. Along with some actionable steps you can take to improve your presence online.
If you want to see how I.D. Creative Designs helps companies boost their digital presence and drive more revenue click the link below or call us directly at 707-360-7826.